KOSOVO: LEGAL PROBLEM AND POLITICAL CHALLENGE
16-17 October 2008, Warsaw, Poland
The Palace of Przezdzieckis, 6 Foksal Street
Polish Academy of Sciences - Institute of Legal Studies
72 Nowy Świat Street, Warsaw, 00-330, Poland
The Polish Institute of International Affairs
1A Warecka Street, PO Box 1010, Warsaw, 00-950, Poland
Tel.: +48.22.556.80.00 Fax: +48.22.556.80.99
Chairman: Prof. Władysław Czapliński, Polish Academy of Sciences
Co-Chairman: Dr. Sławomir Dębski, the Polish Institute of International Affairs
Secretary: Rafał Kownacki, Polish Academy of Sciences
Phone: +48.792.027.872, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Rafał Tarnogórski, Agnieszka Kondek, The Polish Institute of International Affairs
Phone: +48.22.556.80.00, e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The contemporary history of Kosovo.
2. The case of Kosovo in the face of international law.
3. The right to self-determination.
4. The rise of the state.
5. The impact of recognition of the state onto its international status.
6. The European Union and Kosovo.
7. Effectiveness of the Common Foreign and Security Policy in regard to the case of Kosovo.
8. The political aspects of the Kosovo’s independence.
9. Future of the Balkan states.
Name (last, first, middle):
The application shall be submitted before 10 October 2008.
Number of participants is limited.
16th October 2008 (Thursday)
14.30-15.30 Registration of the participants
15.30 Official inauguration of the conference
15.45 1st PANEL – POLITICAL ROOTS AND IMPLICATIONS OF THE KOSOVO CASE
Chair: Dr. Sławomir Dębski (The Polish Institute of International Affairs)
17.15 Coffee break
17th October 2008 (Friday)
10.00 2nd PANEL – THE CASE OF KOSOVO AND INTERNATIONAL LAW
Chair: Prof. Władysław Czapliński (Polish Academy of Sciences)
11.30 Coffee break
13.00 Closing remarks
The conference fee covers the costs of publishing the conference proceedings, servicing the attendees and the Friday’s lunch. The fee is equivalent to €30 or 100 PLN.
BPHKPLPK 62 1060 0076 0000 3210 0014 9226
Polish Academy of Sciences – Institute of Legal Studies
Please mark KOSOVO on your order form.
1. The Organizing Committee will appreciate your forwarding this form to your colleagues who might be interested in attending the Conference.
2. Space for sponsors’ advertisements will be provided in the Conference Proceedings. The Organizing Committee invites all interested parties to send in their advertising materials.